Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My worst nightmare

It happened today but thank the lord I wasn't on that train. 447 people had to be evacuated from a disabled train on the Red Line outside Porter Station in Cambridge. And I heard that it was TWO trains that got stuck? What the hell, red line!?!?!?! This happened close to 10am, and I just cannot fathom this happening to me during early morning rush hour on a completely packed train in July.




It was a hot day and these poor people were stuck underground for almost 3 hours. They had to be evacuated from the train underground and walk through the tunnels of the nation's oldest subway system. I can't imagine the stench of dead rats, sewage and asbestos down there! Now I will have to be extra obsessive about making sure I have water and reading materials every time I roll the dice and hop on the red line.

Read more here: http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/28520847/detail.html#ixzz1SSzy6sK0

No comments:

Post a Comment