Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I had to yell at 3 people this morning.


Beautiful morning, pleasant walk to the Wollaston T station... not so pleasant feeling when I get to the top of the stairs and see a mass of people waiting for an Alewife train.

The train arrives 4 minutes later and as I'm getting onto the train, I see that everyone is crowding the door per usual and I have to yell at someone for standing halfway through the standing area with enough room for 3 people to his left by the end of the car. He moves and there's room for more people to get on the train and I get an ok spot holding on to the rail by the door with a small person sitting in front of me. Unfortunately my left hand gets whipped repeatedly by a frizzy ponytail on a short woman in front of me so I say, "gross, watch your hair", readjust my positioning in the limited amount of space I have, and put my left hand down by my side. She doesn't understand English -- or she just likes disgusting people with her rat tail on purpose -- because she keeps doing it. I hold up my Metro basically wrapping it around her head. She doesn't seem to notice. What the hell.

We get to N. Quincy and 500 more people squeeze on. As mentioned, I have my left hand (which has already been assaulted by nasty hair) down by my side. Right away some dude squeezes himself onto the train next to me, bends down, SMEARING HIS GREASY WARM FACE ALONG THE ENTIRE LENGTH OF MY ARM AND HAND. I freak out, yell, "SICK!!!" and jerk my hand away, struggle to find my hand sanitizer because the train is so crowded and I can barely open my bag, and then I'm even more grossed out by the heavy breathing of an old man who has the worst diaper breath I've ever encountered.

1 comment: