Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Oh you tease!!

I get to Wollaston this morning as a train is leaving the station. I think, "Damnit, now I have to wait another 10 minutes" for another Alewife train, but as I'm walking to my regular boarding spot at the end of the platform, I hear, "the next red line train to Alewife is now approaching." Sweet! A train so close behind the last one can only mean one thing -- not crowded!

The train rolls up and sure enough it isn't overly crowded. I foolishly think, "it's a sign -- it's going to be a good day!" But of course that tricky red line has fooled me again; the heat is BLASTING in the train. One June 15. On a sunny, warm morning. I walk on and my sunglasses immediately fog up so I can barely read the story in the Metro about how the MBTA might need to be concerned about a rash of bus accidents. By the time we reach Downtown Crossing, I have sweat dripping down my back and my face is glistening with sweat.

At least no one ripped a garbage fart that I could smell during the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment